Click below to go to my workshop page:
I have another project on the
Totally creepy and fun!
Today on the
I combined Graphic 45's ABC Primer
chipboard from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
Hope you can take a minute and visit.
This week Graphic 45 is celebrating
Alumni Takeover Week.
As a Graphic 45 Design Team Alumni
you may have seen this mini-book on their blog this past Monday (Sep 12).
I used Graphic 45's Communique Collectors Kit
Square Tag & Pocket Album.
The front of the album was decorated with a Tiny Matchbox Theatre (coming soon) from
as well as an antique pair of spectacles.
This Graphic 45 mini-book comes with lots of pages inside.
I was able to create pockets by putting two pages together with a hinge.
To make a hinge:
You will need:
- Cardstock that matches the pages you want to hinge
- A Score Board
- Cut a piece of cardstock as tall as the page you want to hinge (in this case 5") X 1.25" wide.
- With the 1.25" wide side of the paper to the top of the score board, score at 1/2" and 3/4". This will give you a left side that is 1/2" wide, a 1/4" middle and a right side that is 1/2" wide. Fold on the score marks.
3. Apply adhesive to one of the 1/2" sides (one side only) and apply that 1/2" to one of the pages.
4. Do the same thing with the other 1/2" side, creating a pocket that has a 1/4" seam.
Using this method, you may create either a hinged page that folds out,
or a pocket page by closing up the bottom with another hinge
or a flip page.
The photo above shows the center page as a top pocket page
with the 1/4" seam showing.
The possibilities are endless and fun!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you
in one of my workshops or one of the crops I host.
Click the links for more information:
Christmas is coming to Checkered Cottage, Kirkwood MO
Join me Saturday, October 1
and create two beautiful Christmas cards
Heartfelt Creations stamps & dies.
Learn how to achieve dimension in handmade flowers.
Add sparkle and snow to bring the flowers to life.
Sign up by calling
Checkered Cottage - Kirkwood MO
Supplies needed for this workshop:
- Craft mat
- Large stylus & molding mat (available for purchase at Checkered Cottage)
- Adhesive (both wet & dry)
- Paper Trimmer
- Dimensional pop-ups (Crafty Foam Tape)
to be featured on Graphic 45's blog as an Alumni Team Member. My term with Graphic was one of the best experiences ever! Here's one of my projects with Graphic's Halloween in Wonderland.
This book was made from scratch using chipboard as the base.
I covered the spine with Graphic 45 fabric I found online.
Then added a hidden hinge binding system from Kathy Orta King.
Once the hinge was in place, I added Graphic 45 Square Black Envelopes for the pages.
To attach the envelopes to the hinge, turn the envelope sideways
and cut about an 1/8" from the bottom of the envelope.
Add score tape to the both sides of the hinge.
Reveal the tape and open the bottom of the envelope
placing one side of the envelope on each side of the hinge.
You'll be covering the hinge with the bottom of the envelope.
By using the envelopes, you'll have space for decorating and photos
both in and out of the envelopes.
TIPS: These are just a couple of things I always do with my projects.
- Ink white core edges. Almost all scrapbook paper is printed on white cardstock. So when you look at the side of the paper, you will see the white core. I always ink this. It just seems to make the paper look a bit more finished. Use an ink that closely matches the paper and run an ink applicator along the white edge. It’s quick and easy. Don’t forget to ink the white core of any fussy cutting you’re doing.
- Sand down those little nibs from chipboard. Many manufacturers print chipboard on one large sheet so that you pop-out the individual pieces from the main sheet. Once popped out, you’ll see that the chipboard was *attached* with little nibs. (not sure what the proper name of those things are) Sand those down to create a more professional look. To finish the chipboard, ink the edges with a complimentary ink.
- Paint the backs of chipboard pieces. When using pre-manufactured chipboard pieces that you are not adhering directly to paper, paint the backs a pretty color to give them a finished look.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
and teaching this mini-album
full of delicious Sweet Peppermint from Prima Marketing.
Saturday, October 22.
Reservations can be made by calling
The Doodlebug Inc - (812) 482-4949
As a member of the
Graphic 45 Alumni Design Team
look for some of my never-before-seen G45 projects!
Where: Graphic 45 blog
When: September 12 - 16, 2016
You might remember this Halloween door box
from my post over at
This week, I completed the house mini that fits inside.
Here's what the individual panels look like:
To see more great projects using
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts
visit the blog at