today on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog:
Home Girlfriend Getaway Weekend Crops & Special Events Upcoming Workshops Kits To Purchase Follow me on Feedly Subscribe
today on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog:
Kits in the making for Saturday's Christmas Book Class @ Checkered Cottage, Kirkwood MO.
Starts promptly at 10:30 am
Thanks to everyone who signed up.
The class is full with 17 people!
Please make sure you bring all the supplies needed.
You can check the supply list @ Checkered Cottage Class Supply List.
See you Saturday!
I have had these file folders for years and decided it was finally time to do something with them. And since it's November (yikes!) and time for a new challenge on Mini Album Makers Challenge blog . . . well, why not use them to create a mini-book.
All the file folders will be cut down so that the finished book will measure 7.5" wide X 9" tall and will have 4 large pockets.
You will need:
3. Cut the other four file folders. Keeping the tabs, cut 2 folders from the left side and 2 from the right as follows: Close the file folders before trimming. Cut each one 7.5" wide, again keeping the tabs intact. Save the trimmings for later.
4. Using the same 4 file folders from step 3 above, keep the file folders closed and cut them from the bottom to measure 9" tall. You will now have 2 pieces for each file folder - a front and a back with a tab.
Binding: We'll be using the standard hidden hinge binding system.
3. Remove the scor-tape from the first 1/2" seam and secure that seam to the next 1/2" seam, folding on the score line between the 2 half inches. Remove the scor-tape from the next 1/2" seam and fold that seam to the next 1/2" seam. Continue to do this until all 1/2" seams are secured to their partner.
Once this is complete, you have something that looks a bit like an accordion until you turn it over. Fold on the score lines and you will see fins popping up. Those fins are what you'll use to attach the pages.
4.Place scor-tape on both sides of each fin and miter the corners of each fin.
You'll need the original file folder that was trimmed down and scored.
5. Next place scor-tape on the bottom of this binding system and place on the inside center of the file folder, making sure to get it as even as possible between the two score lines you created earlier for the spine.
So now you have the original folder with the binding system taped to the spine.
You're ready to work on the 4 pages:
5. Remove the piece of scor-tape from the top hinge and add the top of the file to the scor-tape:
6. Carefully remove the tape from one of the binding fins and insert the bottom of one of the pockets over the binding fin. Page 1 complete! Repeat with the other 3 pages.
Add the Pages to the Binding:
Your file folder book is complete.
Decorate as desired and add inserts to the pockets for more photo opportunities.
Design Team to see what everyone has been up to this month.
and enter your own mini-book for this month's challenge.
You'll have a chance to win a prize package from our sponsor:
So excited and honored to be offering my kits thru
See my kit here:
You may purchase this kit without signing up for the kit club.
Hop over to the
to see my latest Christmas tag.
Want to do a bit of Christmas shopping?
Join the Girlfriend Getaway Vendors
Saturday, October 6 from 2 pm to 4 pm
Drury Inn Arnold MO
Today is the 1st of the month and that means a new set of Mini Album Makers Challenge blog posts from the Design Team.
I'm featuring a set of Super-X tags from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
But this is a mini-album blog so I'm turning them into a mini-book of sorts.
I wanted them staggered so I cut a 2" piece off the bottom of the first tag and 1.5" off the bottom of the second tag.
Then created a binding as follows:
Each tag is 1/8" thick.
Here's the goal:
Begin with the shortest tag:
Cut a piece of chipboard (I used the chip from the cut tags): 5" X 1.5". Glue to the bottom of the assembly, stabilizing the tags.
Ready to decorate!
I wrapped a piece of cardstock around the bottom of the tag booklet and created a pocket for tag #1. Details of the 1st tag:
And when all finished and tied with black & cream striped ribbon, this tag booklet stands up by itself:
Take a look at what my fellow Design Team Members have created
And while there, why not play along for a chance to win
this fabulous prize
from this month's sponsor:
Website - http://www.sethapter.com/
Blog - https://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/sethapter/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thealteredpage
Twitter - https://twitter.com/sethapter
I'm up on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog today with a tag suitable for a creepy Halloween.
Many of you have asked if I sell kits online
and now I can say
Look for my kits coming soon
and in the meantime
will be at the
Girlfriends Getaway October 6, 2018
Shop her famous kits
Saturday, October 6.
Everyone is welcome from 2 pm ~ 4 pm
to see how I put this book together
with a bit different binding
as well as the layered cover.