This week Graphic 45 is celebrating
Alumni Takeover Week.
As a Graphic 45 Design Team Alumni
you may have seen this mini-book on their blog this past Monday (Sep 12).
I used Graphic 45's Communique Collectors Kit
Square Tag & Pocket Album.
The front of the album was decorated with a Tiny Matchbox Theatre (coming soon) from
as well as an antique pair of spectacles.
This Graphic 45 mini-book comes with lots of pages inside.
I was able to create pockets by putting two pages together with a hinge.
To make a hinge:
You will need:
- Cardstock that matches the pages you want to hinge
- A Score Board
- Cut a piece of cardstock as tall as the page you want to hinge (in this case 5") X 1.25" wide.
- With the 1.25" wide side of the paper to the top of the score board, score at 1/2" and 3/4". This will give you a left side that is 1/2" wide, a 1/4" middle and a right side that is 1/2" wide. Fold on the score marks.
3. Apply adhesive to one of the 1/2" sides (one side only) and apply that 1/2" to one of the pages.
4. Do the same thing with the other 1/2" side, creating a pocket that has a 1/4" seam.
Using this method, you may create either a hinged page that folds out,
or a pocket page by closing up the bottom with another hinge
or a flip page.
The photo above shows the center page as a top pocket page
with the 1/4" seam showing.
The possibilities are endless and fun!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you
in one of my workshops or one of the crops I host.
Click the links for more information: