Today is the 1st of the month and that means a new set of Mini Album Makers Challenge blog posts from the Design Team.
I'm featuring a set of Super-X tags from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
But this is a mini-album blog so I'm turning them into a mini-book of sorts.
I wanted them staggered so I cut a 2" piece off the bottom of the first tag and 1.5" off the bottom of the second tag.
Then created a binding as follows:
- Cut a piece of cardstock 5" wide (the width of the tags) X 11".
- Score as follows: 1" - 1-1/8" - 2-1/8" - 3-1/8" - 3-5/8" - 4-5/8" - 5-5/8" - 5-3/4" - 6-3/4" - 7-3/4" - 8-1/4" - 8-3/4" - 9-3/4" - 9-7/8"
Each tag is 1/8" thick.
Here's the goal:
Begin with the shortest tag:
- Glue the 1" first margin to the bottom front of the tag.
- Glue the next 1" margin to the back of the tag.
- Fold the next 1" margin down on top of the last 1" and glue down.
- The next gusset is the 1/2" margin between the two tags. Do not glue this!
- Continue glueing the second 1/8" wide tag to the 1/8" wide margin and then the front 1" and the back 1" to the 2nd tag until all 3 tags are glued in.
Cut a piece of chipboard (I used the chip from the cut tags): 5" X 1.5". Glue to the bottom of the assembly, stabilizing the tags.
Ready to decorate!
I wrapped a piece of cardstock around the bottom of the tag booklet and created a pocket for tag #1. Details of the 1st tag:
And when all finished and tied with black & cream striped ribbon, this tag booklet stands up by itself:
Take a look at what my fellow Design Team Members have created
And while there, why not play along for a chance to win
this fabulous prize
from this month's sponsor:
Website - http://www.sethapter.com/
Blog - https://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/sethapter/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thealteredpage
Twitter - https://twitter.com/sethapter