Home Girlfriend Getaway Weekend Crops & Special Events Kits & Tutorials To Purchase Follow me on Feedly
December 1 brings a new challenge at the
I'm getting ready for the new year with folios from Heartfelt Creations decorated with gorgeous papers from Graphic 45 and embellishments courtesy of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
It all began with these Flipfold Album Inserts:
Here's what you get in each package:
I used the wider of the two options with several of the flips and decided to decorate them with these gorgeous papers from Graphic 45.
You can find the entire collection of Graphic 45 Seasons paper here: Graphic 45 Seasons
These folios can be configured in several different ways. As you'll see from the pictures below, on two of the folios I used waterfalls. On the other two folios I used side flips.
The wrought iron miniature fence is available thru
I used it as a pocket for photo mats.
The *Spring* words & flowers were backed on black cardstock
and used as a belly band.
The horizontal words at the bottom of the page
is a skinny pocket
insuring that the inserts don't slide out of that page.
I adore these feathers from
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts
and these garden Gates Shape Sets
used as a pocket
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts
"Winter" has a waterfall for photo placement.
As suggested by a class I took with Heartfelt Creations, you can add a magnet to the back of each of these and they make beautiful refrigerator mini booklets for photos of the season.
They are all bound in a mini-book created from scratch.
I've included a free PDF tutorial on how I bound these Heartfelt Creations/Graphic 45 folios. You can find the tutorial here:
Why not create your own mini and join us on the Mini Album Makers Challenge Blog?
We have a few easy rules for you to become eligible for a great prize from our wonderful sponsors:
- Any Handmade Book Goes. Enter any form of handmade mini albums, scrapbooks, journals and book arts. Our focus is on completed works, so no layouts or journal spreads that are not part of a complete handmade book project. You do not have to provide a tutorial, but we wish you would. Feel free to use one of the DT tutorials to make your project and give proper credit where due.
- No back linking allowed.
- Please add our badge to your post and link to our challenge.
Combine with any other challenges as applicable. No limit on entries. Share the love by visiting and commenting on other entries. Please become a follower. That's it - have fun!
See what my talented Teamies have created this month by visiting our Challenge Blog: Mini Album Makers Challenge Blog
So much fun playing with a soon-to-be envelope mini offered by Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
Playing with the upcoming envelope album and Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe. Everything about Graphic 45's designs are so fun to work with. From bold patterns to tiny fussy cutting, the G45 collections have it all and are always inspiring.
Here's one of the pages I'll be using for the sample:
And in no time at all, this occurred:
So much fun today with all these elements, papers, embellishments and inks.
Posting on WOYWW September 27, 2017
Thank you to everyone who signed up for this Graphic 45 Portfolio workshop.
We'll start promptly at 10:30 am.
Here's what you'll need to bring to the Graphic 45 portfolio workshop Saturday.
- Paper Trimmer (12" variety)
- Corner Rounder
- Crafty Foam Tape - preferably black
- Edge Distresser
- Distress Inks: Black Soot and applicator
- Large round hole punch (for making divets in pockets)
- Score board - the large one
- Your patience please.
I am very excited to share this project with you. There are flips, hidden inserts and other amazing things that you'll have fun with. And that means lots of concentration and work. I'm confident you'll love this when it's complete and be very proud of yourself.
Let the fun begin . . .
Saturday, March 11
Checkered Cottage - Kirkwood MO
Today on the
I combined Graphic 45's ABC Primer
chipboard from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
Hope you can take a minute and visit.
to be featured on Graphic 45's blog as an Alumni Team Member. My term with Graphic was one of the best experiences ever! Here's one of my projects with Graphic's Halloween in Wonderland.
This book was made from scratch using chipboard as the base.
I covered the spine with Graphic 45 fabric I found online.
Then added a hidden hinge binding system from Kathy Orta King.
Once the hinge was in place, I added Graphic 45 Square Black Envelopes for the pages.
To attach the envelopes to the hinge, turn the envelope sideways
and cut about an 1/8" from the bottom of the envelope.
Add score tape to the both sides of the hinge.
Reveal the tape and open the bottom of the envelope
placing one side of the envelope on each side of the hinge.
You'll be covering the hinge with the bottom of the envelope.
By using the envelopes, you'll have space for decorating and photos
both in and out of the envelopes.
TIPS: These are just a couple of things I always do with my projects.
- Ink white core edges. Almost all scrapbook paper is printed on white cardstock. So when you look at the side of the paper, you will see the white core. I always ink this. It just seems to make the paper look a bit more finished. Use an ink that closely matches the paper and run an ink applicator along the white edge. It’s quick and easy. Don’t forget to ink the white core of any fussy cutting you’re doing.
- Sand down those little nibs from chipboard. Many manufacturers print chipboard on one large sheet so that you pop-out the individual pieces from the main sheet. Once popped out, you’ll see that the chipboard was *attached* with little nibs. (not sure what the proper name of those things are) Sand those down to create a more professional look. To finish the chipboard, ink the edges with a complimentary ink.
- Paint the backs of chipboard pieces. When using pre-manufactured chipboard pieces that you are not adhering directly to paper, paint the backs a pretty color to give them a finished look.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
As a member of the
Graphic 45 Alumni Design Team
look for some of my never-before-seen G45 projects!
Where: Graphic 45 blog
When: September 12 - 16, 2016
Waiting for supplies to be delivered for upcoming workshops.
In the meantime, I'm working on this album:
We received a Graphic 45 City Scapes kit in a class at Scrapbook Expo.
We = Timi, Judy, Nancy N & me.
We wanted to do more with it so we're changing it up quite a bit.
The we is Timi and me.
Actually, I'm copying a lot from Timi.
She always has great ideas.
I will be teaching this Graphic 45 Zoo book
Checkered Cottage - August 12 & 13
(a two-part class).
It measures 8.5" x 8.5"
with pockets and inserts and flips - oh my.
Just counted supplies and I have room for 1 more person.
If interested, call
Checkered Cottage - Kirkwood MO
Supply list for this class may be found here:
and updated periodically until day before class.
This altered tin is one of the projects featured on
Check out the details on this
an adorable back to school project by